This page isn't being updated because I'm not developing MZF any more.
What you want:
- If you have Windows 3.1, you want to get MZF16-95B
- If you have Windows 95/98/NT, you want to get MZF32-95B, unless:
- You need Envy 2.0 support and have Win95/NT. Then get MZFE2-32.
- You need ROM 2.4 support and have Win95/NT. Then get MZF97A. It is not perfect.
MZF 0.97a notes
Download mzf97a.zip (www) -- (450k)
Take a peek at ROM 2.4 mode
Bugs in MZF 0.97a-b2
- Area files cannot be converted from ROM 2.3 to ROM 2.4 due to a bug in
translating the 'size' field. Thanks to Allen Akers for pointing this out.
(It is possible I think to convert from ROM 2.3 to Envy, then reload and
convert to ROM 2.4, but that is the only work around until the next patch.)
- Clan rooms for ROM write out in a way the server cannot read them.
So you want the MZF source code...
A version of 32 bit MZF which supports EnvyMUD 2.0 is available. You have to get
the regular MZF32.ZIP and then this file to use it. The file is MZFE2-32.ZIP and
is 277,237 bytes. Click here-www.
MZF16-95b is 439,012 bytes. Click
MZF32-95b is 389,834 bytes. Click
This version is for Windows 95/98/NT (NT works with 3.5x or 4.0 Intel-only)
This version was zipped with WinZip '95 which is why you see a long file name in
Rainman has reported a minor bug in MZF 0.94c where 'P' resets get
ignored by the renumber command. So if you have a zone in which objects
get reset inside other objects, you will need to edit by hand the vnums
after you renumber.
MZF fill fail with a GPF fault if an object is reset onto a mobile with an illegal wield-position. (This would happen if you were loading a zone for a MUD with extra wield positions.) Thanks Rainman for pointing this out.
What is MZF?
FAQs about MZF
VNUMS (virtual numbers)
Making Rooms with MZF
Making Mobiles with MZF
Making Objects with MZF
MZF Control Panel
My home page